First of all congratulations on your engagement!
Now it is the time to start your Wedding Experience.
The engagement session is super important as it will allow you to really get to know me and get familiar with the way I work.
As you prepare for your engagement session, here are some resources and pieces of advice that will come in handy :
- CLEAN YOUR RING: I will be photographing your beautiful diamond. This means that it would be a perfect opportunity to have your ring cleaned so that it’s clear of dirt and other build up that may be visible through a macro lens.
2. HAIR & MAKEUP : If you were considering getting your hair and makeup done, this is the perfect opportunity to treat yourself. You will cherish these images forever and so investing in professional hair and makeup can be an extra fun way to celebrate the occasion and allow you to be extra confident during your shoot
3. THE TIMELINE : I am always a few minutes early to engagement sessions so that I can scope out the location and find light that will be flattering on my couples! Because I am racing the sun and can not shoot after it has set, I recommend leaving 15-30 minutes earlier than you originally planned just to be safe
4. TAKE A DEEP BREATH : You’re going to be amazing models! I always tell our couples that the best models are the ones who have never modeled professionally before. And I mean it! The couples who are usually most nervous are the couples who totally rock their session. So be encouraged! I have worked with every personality type and every body type, and I always create images that our clients love. Get excited!
I pay attention to every single detail. For me every single Bride and Groom are exceptional.
I would love to connect with you, get to know you. You will spend way more time with me on your Wedding Day than you will spend with your future husband. I do not want to be a stranger who follows you with the camera every single step you take.
I would love to be the person who knows that your first dance song will be the same song your mum picked for her first dance. I want to know that you hid that secret to show her how much you love her…
I recommend a maximum of 2 outfits for your engagement session to ensure that we have plenty of time to capture both looks before sunset. During your one outfit change is when I will photograph your rings while we wait.
– Neutrals such as blush, light pinks, faint blues and teals, creams, grays and whites will always result in more of a light and airy look to your images. These colors photograph softer and more romantically
– If you’re really looking for a soft, feminine look, I recommend a flowing, maxi-length dress or skirt! The movement of this type of fabric photographs beautifully!
– I recommend a more formal outfit and a more casual one, so that you have plenty of variety to choose from later
– The goal is coordinating outfits instead of matching! I also recommend avoiding both of you wearing white as a top. White doesn’t allow for any contrast in your images.
– Guys, I recommend that you avoid patterns which are small! These small patterns can create strange visual effects in a digital camera. Close-toed shoes photograph well, and I recommend avoiding trainers and sneakers
– Girls, I recommend that you wear something that flatters the parts of you that you love the most and also allows you to be extremely confident. If you are uncomfortable when you look in the mirror, then that probably isn’t the best outfit choice for you. I want you to be really confident in your outfit, because I know that you will love your portraits so much more if you’re not worrying about how your clothes fit.
I am looking forward to our time together!!!